Skip to main content

Three Reasons Why I Almost Stopped Playing Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Blazing

App games can take over your life. Many of us have been there. Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Blazing is no different. My wife and I got this app game the moment it came out, and boy, did we waste time on it. Yet, we never felt it as time wasted, but rather time we enjoyed relaxing. These sentiments have changed of late. These are the three reasons why I almost stopped playing Naruto Blazing.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Blazing has its good parts, but also a few bad parts.

The Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Blazing Curse of Overindulgence

What made this game great was the fact that you could get pretty decent characters with a few summons. Nowadays, you struggle to get anyone you 1. want or 2. need. The reason for this is that they bring out too many characters, each being better than the next.

With the crazy amount of characters out there, the chance of getting someone you really want is getting smaller and smaller. Whether you want it to lessen the cost of one of your characters, you simply want the character or because you need that specific character to strengthen and balance your current team, the issue remains: You ain't gettin' it.

The overindulgence doesn't stop there. There are also a magnitude of emergency mission available. While I can't see the point of complaining about too much to do, I can complain about the fact that the really great characters come and go at specific hours. The one-hour gap in which the character is available is filled with me living life. Thus, getting a good, "free" character looks like this: It is either too hard to play, too rare to drop or too stupidly timed that you don't get a chance to even try.

Your Once-Awesome Character Sucks

The second reason directly stems off the first reason. As I mentioned, every new character that comes out seems to be better than the last. You have a max 6 star character? You had this character since the beginning and you have been trying your best to strengthen it? It's not enough. I have seen my 6 star Naruto (heart) be put to shame against my 6 star Sasuke (skill) against another skill boss. Isn't heart supposed to do a lot more damage against skill than skill against skill? Apparently not. 

What a surprise that this 6 star Naruto of mine is an older version character than my Sasuke. This little battle continues on as more and more new characters come out. My wife and I have tried combining forces to get stronger characters, but the less we manage to get them, the less we stand a chance. 

Once you fall behind in power, you will struggle forevermore with your handful of once-good characters. You will find yourself shouting at those who managed to get the character you have been trying to get for days on end (especially once you notice that their version is already maxed out - how?!).

Pearls.

Anyone who plays this game, doesn't need much more info here. I have saved up 50 pearls (it took me ages) to wait for a multi-summon of someone I really want. That day came and it was cheaper than usual. I spent 40 of my long-gathered pearls within seconds. I didn't get even one gold character. But I am sure you got someone you want or could use? Nope. They were all useless to me. Weak.

After that, I spent another 20 pearls, had to work hard for those, on summons. Each single summon brought more misery. I know it is a game, but I expect it to be fun. When I look forward to getting a good new character after weeks of waiting, and get nothing, my fun-meter hits a low.


Last Thoughts

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Blazing is a great game, but it has a lot of issues that need to be solved. If it continues on like this, I see no point in playing anymore. I have a few suggestions here though, and would love to hear your thoughts on this too. I hope Bandai Namco reads this...

Different Summons

The first of my suggestions is that there should be different summons. Offer a summon for certain groups only. Don't throw them all together in one summon, as we struggle too much to get who we really want (especially if you keep bringing out more characters as you are).

Trading

The second suggestion is trading. My wife keeps getting the characters I use and want and I keep getting the ones she uses and wants. We keep thinking that it would be great if we could just switch our characters around a little.

Pearls

There has to be an easier way to make pearls than to wait for a log in bonus, maintenance or paying more than a full PC game's price on them. Few people can afford buying these pearls and even if you do buy them, you have no guarantee you will get the person you are trying to get with it. Make it a little easier to get them, without doing yourselves in. For example, why don't I get pearls for playing with someone I never played with before anymore?

These are my two cents and I am sure you have some of your own. Write me a comment about yours and we can start a great discussion here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grammar Geek: Is It Believe In, Believe On or Believe That?

Since last week's post was on believe or belief , I decided to ask whether it's believe in , believe on  or believe that . All of these are correct and do get used. The questions are when, where, why and how. Here it is in what I hope is the simplest way to explain it and the easiest way to remember it. Believe In and Believe That Correlation A certain professor, H. H. Price , came to the conclusion that there is a difference between believe in  and believe that . To him, it came down to this, “Surely belief-in is an attitude to a person, whether human or divine, while belief-that is just an attitude to a proposition?” This makes perfect sense considering the words in and that . Personally, in  sounds a lot more involved and personal, whereas that  seems distant. Get that  away from me. Come on in . That might just be me though. However, this view might make things easier. What if this thinking was indeed the correct manner? To believe in someone is intimate. If you

Throne Room | Contact Me Photo Manipulation for The Castle Completed

The Throne Room (or Contact Me) photo manipulation for The Castle is complete ( see it here )! I like seeing how my abilities increase just a little every time I work on something new. I am definitely faster and more at ease to create certain moods and effects. My only issue is that I am not sure about how to create different effects. I got the photos for this photo manipulation here: Background Carpet Knight Statue Ivy 1 Ivy 2 Mural Stars Let me know what you think of this!

Update: A New Start for Scribe's Realm

As a full-time employee, I hardly have time to handle Scribe's Realm and write my stories. But! My artistic wife has agreed to help me, which means from now on, you should see more posts and some writings (we hope). We are very excited about our plans with Scribe's Realm and we are busy implementing them already. Here is what is coming your way this month. New Logo Design This is Scribe's Realm logo. We believe it brings forth what we want for Scribe's Realm: fantasy with a little touch of olden times. As I mentioned before ( here ), I want a complete new look for Scribe's Realm. We (this term will be used from now on for my wife and I) decided on a colour theme and our new logo is finally done. Photo of the Week Posts Every week, on Thursday (if we can stick to it), we will put up a photo of the week. We love photography and we have been learning new skills to take better photos. We hope that you will enjoy these photos, as much as we