Skip to main content

Moving Again

Well, as the name of this post suggests, we are moving... again, and we are not happy about it. This is a complete mess-up with plenty of lies from our agent. But this is not meant to be a rant, so rather look at this:


I made this specially for you and I hope you like it. It was fun playing around with different effects on Gimp to see what it will do to the artwork. I had a specific result in mind, but as usual this ended up different than anticipated. If there is one thing I have learnt so far, it is that you will never get it exactly perfect, but it doesn't mean you won't be happy with it.

But back to the move. Since I must move and therefore also move my internet, I might be offline at some point. The internet might be moved within the same week I move or it might take weeks (but they told us it will take a week only). Heads up. You are not forgotten and I didn't suddenly become lazy or sick.

I hope you have a fantastic day and if you would like, tell me about your day and rental-issues (if any)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grammar Geek: Is It Believe In, Believe On or Believe That?

Since last week's post was on believe or belief , I decided to ask whether it's believe in , believe on  or believe that . All of these are correct and do get used. The questions are when, where, why and how. Here it is in what I hope is the simplest way to explain it and the easiest way to remember it. Believe In and Believe That Correlation A certain professor, H. H. Price , came to the conclusion that there is a difference between believe in  and believe that . To him, it came down to this, “Surely belief-in is an attitude to a person, whether human or divine, while belief-that is just an attitude to a proposition?” This makes perfect sense considering the words in and that . Personally, in  sounds a lot more involved and personal, whereas that  seems distant. Get that  away from me. Come on in . That might just be me though. However, this view might make things easier. What if this thinking was indeed the correct manner? To believe in someone is ...

Grammar Geek: When to Use Who or Whom

When to use who or whom can be either complicated or simplistic. It is always best to know the rules and thus the complicated version before you go for the easy, cheat version. This way, you will know you are right, every time. When to Use Who or Whom: Know your Grammar The complicated version calls for our memories of English grammar classes; those classes we slept through. To know who and whom , you need to know their place in the English language. Welcome back to your English class. Study hard! Who and Whoever: The Subjective Pronouns "Subjective pronouns" sounds more dramatic than it needs to. In a less wordy manner, who and whoever are subjects in a sentence. When I was in school, I was taught that the subject is the one doing the action. The verb of the sentence is this "action". Here are some examples: Who knows the answer? Who will go to class? The purple is the subject, as it is the one doing the action. The action (verb) is in gold. Sadly...

Word Wise: Should I Use Further or Farther

Today's grammar-focused question is: Should I use further or farther ? As writers, we want people to enjoy our books. Even though readers would not necessarily care whether you use further  or farther , it might affect readability if used incorrectly. This is why I thought it is best to help you decide on which one to use. Does "further" or "farther" tell you about distance? There has been plenty of discussions about these two words. They are often regarded as equals, which can be used interchangeably. Yet there are a few posts I have come across in my research who can easily say how they differ. As always, it is best we know much before we come to a decision. Further and Farther in UK English It's well-known that US and UK English differs. There is no exception with the use of further  and farther . The Oxford Dictionary has this to say: Both words share the same roots. [T]here is no difference in meaning, and both are equally correct. Furth...